As soon as you’re strapped in, the floor drops out. Completely. The first floorless coaster at Cedar Point, Rougarou isn’t just a fable of the imagination. Its twists and turns prove its fear-inducing story is larger than life. After the initial shock, this coaster roars to life as your feet dangle in mid-air. Watch your feet as you travel at top speeds being chased through the swamp it has habituated since 2015. The mythic legend climbs a staggering first hill, but this is definitely not the time to catch your breath because this coaster’s nowhere near done yet. It drops you 137 feet at 60 miles per hour before hurling you through a 119-foot vertical loop. Scream all you want; it just makes this predator stronger. It’s no wonder that between the daring drops and dives, riders are left wondering if they’ll ever catch their breath. Its howls will follow you around all day.
Height Requirement: Between 54" and 78"
Rider Safety Information
- Min Height
- Max Height
- A high-speed, floorless looping roller coaster which turns riders upside down five times. Riders will experience weightlessness and rapid movements from side to side.
- A shoulder harness with a between-the-legs safety belt secures each rider over the head and across the chest.
Due to the nature of the restraint, this ride may not accommodate guests of a larger size. A test seat is located at the ride entrance which can be used to ensure proper fit and comfort prior to waiting in line.
- Guests must have a minimum of three functioning extremities. One functioning arm that includes a hand is required to ride.
- Two functioning arms are sufficient instead of three functioning extremities if the guest has a normal center of gravity and lower extremities are sufficiently strong to maintain proper riding posture under the dynamic conditions of the ride. Amputations must be below the knee.
- Guests with a cervical collar, neck brace, or broken collar bone are not permitted to ride. Casts are not permitted on this ride.
Guests with any prosthesis must consult with Guest Services or Frontier Town Guest Services prior to waiting in line or riding. Leg prosthetics are not permitted on this ride. Guests should check with Guest Services or Frontier Town Guest Services to determine if they are eligible to ride without the prosthetic. Guests with any upper extremity prosthesis must ensure the device is properly secured or removed prior to riding.
Alternatively, guests with certain amputations may be able to ride with the use of a separate full body harness provided the guest has remaining leg and arm remnants to be secured by the harness. Leg prosthetics are not permitted on this ride. Guests should check with Guest Services to determine if they are eligible to ride using the full body harness.
- It is recommended that earrings be removed prior to riding.
- Alternate access is available at the ride exit. Riders will have to take several steps, on their own or with the assistance of a companion, and be capable of elevating themselves up into a suspended seat.
- Please do not use the ride restraints for support while entering and exiting, as they will shift.
- A wheelchair lift is available to transport guests from the exit to the ride platform. Please use the phone at the base of the lift to request assistance. Limit one rider in wheelchair and one companion in lift at a time.
- NOTE: Loose articles may not be left on the platform. They may either be left with a non-rider or be placed in lockers for storage.
- WARNING: This ride contains strobe lighting.
- WARNING: This ride utilizes magnetic systems during the ride.
- Visit our Guest Assistance page for additional Accessibility information.