At Cedar Point, bigger is better, and nothing is quite as big as the Giant Wheel. As one of the tallest Ferris wheels in the United States, riders are taken up and above the Lake Erie shoreline with views as far as the eyes will take them. While those seeking out the ultimate thrill are next door at Wicked Twister, this ride has brought riders back for more since its opening in 1972. Travel 145 feet in the air, gripping at the sides of one of 36 cabins, each filled with travelers awed by the sights and sounds that only this vantage point can provide. You’ll be able to see the whole park, and the whole park will be able to see you, especially at night when Giant Wheel lights up. You can’t miss the illumination along the skyline. After all, it has more lights than any other ride at the park. See you up there.
Height Requirement: 48" tall to ride alone OR be accompanied by a supervising companion. Hand held infants and single riders are not permitted.
Rider Safety Information
- Min Height Accompanied
- Min Height Alone
- A 145 foot tall ferris wheel. Riders ride in in one of 36 gondolas suspended from the outer rim of the wheel.
- A shared seatbelt secures all riders in the row across the thighs and pelvis. A door further encloses the ride unit.
- Guests must have sufficient lower extremities to ensure the ride restraint system adequately restrains them.
- Riders must be able to demonstrate seated postural control and appropriate observed behavior or ride with a supervising companion.
- Alternate access is available at the ride exit. Riders will have to transfer into the seat, on their own or with the assistance of a companion. A specific cabin at this attraction is equipped with a larger door which may assist a rider in transferring from their wheelchair to the ride unit. Please inform an associate if you wish to use that vehicle.
- Please use caution, as the ride unit may shift when entering and exiting.
- Visit our Guest Assistance page for additional Accessibility information.