Come one, come all! The Midway Carousel is an attraction for every generation. Built in 1912 and operating at the park since 1946, it’s Cedar Point’s oldest operating ride and one of the few Daniel Muller carousels left in existence today. You can’t miss it, as it’s the first attraction you’ll run into as you enter the park. Step aboard and pick your favorite horse to whirl up, down, around the park and back again. As you enjoy your leisurely ride, make sure you take in the ornate scroll work and artistry that went into making all 60 horses and four chariots while you listen to the hypnotic sounds of the band organ.
Height Requirement: 46" tall to ride alone OR accompanied by a supervising companion. Hand held infants must ride in a chariot with a supervising companion.
Ride Safety Information
- Antique Carousel that also has chariot seating available. The outer and inner most rows of horse are stationary while the middle rows move up and down.
- Children under 46" must be seated in a chariot or on the middle row of horses and be held by a supervising companion who is standing on the platform between horses.
- Riders must have the ability to straddle the ride unit. Riders unable to straddle the ride unit must be seated in a chariot unit.
- Riders who do not have independent seated postural control, an appropriate center of gravity, ability to hold on with one functioning arm, or appropriate observed behavior must ride in a chariot with a supervising companion.
- Riders with a full leg cast must be seated in a chariot.
- Alternate access is mainstreamed at the ride entrance. Riders will have to take several steps, on their own or with the assistance of a companion, and be capable of stepping up onto a platform.
- Visit our Guest Assistance Guide for additional Accessibility information.