Can someone be nowhere and everywhere at the same time? That’s what people will be wondering on one of the most disorienting rides ever created - maXair. Being one of only two built of its kind in the United States, this ride will provide more than just one unique feeling. There is no countdown to this 70 mph pendulum, and your guaranteed not to be hypnotized as it swings and rotates. Anyone watching from the sidelines may not be so lucky as the ride swings in a 120-degree path. First, riders sit on outward facing ring of suspended seats. Then they’re swung back and forth on a rampant pendulum while spinning counterclockwise. When peak velocity is reached while upside down 140 feet in the air, riders will experience the rare feeling of total weightlessness. And that’s when they’ll realize the answer to the question of “where am I?” isn’t a physical destination, but a state of mind.
Height Requirement: 52” minimum
Rider Safety Information
Rider Safety Information
- A thrill ride that swings riders to a height of 140 feet in a pendulum motion while spinning in a clockwise rotation. Riders will experience weightlessness and rapidly changing forces and direction.
- A shoulder harness with a between-the-legs safety belt secures each rider over the head and across the chest.
- Due to the nature of the restraint, this ride may not accommodate guests of a larger size. A test seat is located at the ride entrance which can be used to evaluate proper fit and comfort prior to waiting in line.
- Guests must have a minimum of two functioning extremities; one functioning arm and one functioning leg.
- Two functioning arms are sufficient instead of one functioning arm and one functioning leg if the guest has a normal center of gravity and lower extremities are sufficiently strong to support weight against the restraint under the dynamic conditions of the ride. Amputations must be at the knee or below.
- Guests with a cervical collar, neck brace, broken collar bone, full arm cast, braced arm cast, or lower body casts (foot, lower leg, etc.) are not permitted to ride.
- Guests with any prosthesis must consult with Guest Services or Town Hall prior to waiting in line or riding. Leg prosthetics are not permitted on this ride. Guests should check with Guest Services or Town Hall to determine if they are eligible to ride without the prosthetic.
- Alternate access is mainstreamed via the ride entrance. Riders will have to take several steps, on their own or with the assistance of a companion, and be capable of elevating themselves up into the seat.
- Please do not use the ride restraints for support while entering and exiting, as they will shift.
- NOTE: Glasses may only be worn on this attraction if they are secured with an athletic strap. Glasses may not be held in the hands of riders while riding.
- WARNING: This ride contains strobe lighting.
- Visit our Guest Assistance page for additional Accessibility information.