And they’re off! Jockey for position in the most intense carousel race that you’ve ever been a part of, when you step foot on the Cedar Downs Racing Derby track. You’ve never rode a horse like this before. Guests will take turns galloping ahead of the pack on hand-carved horses in a ride that always keeps people on the edge of their saddles. Challenge your friends and family to experience the rush of a race, and choose your horse carefully because all 64 steeds are all sprinting neck-and-neck for victory. And as one of only two racing carousels in the United States, it’s an experience as rare as winning a Triple Crown. It’s a good thing this race is guaranteed to put smiles on faces because it always ends in a photo finish. Now get yourself to the starting gates and mount your steed because when the trumpet plays the race is on.
Height Requirement: 48" minimum
Rider Safety Information
- Min Height
- A high speed circular ride somewhat resembling a carrousel. It generates a high level of centrifugal force due to the speed and size of the ride table.
- Guests must have the ability to straddle the ride unit, hold onto the horse, and grip the horse with both legs.
- Guests must have a minimum of three functioning extremities; one functioning arm and two functioning legs.
- Guests with a cervical collar, neck brace, broken collar bone, braced arm cast, or any Leg Cast (foot, lower, full, etc.) are not permitted are not permitted to ride.
- Alternate access is available at the ride exit. Riders will have to take several steps, on their own or with the assistance of a companion, and be capable of elevating themselves up onto a horse.
- Visit our Guest Assistance page for additional Accessibility information.