Whitewater rapids can be one of the most unpredictable forces of nature on our planet. And when you ride down Thunder Canyon, you’ll find yourself at the mercy of one seriously erratic river. Riders that sit in this large family-size raft shouldn’t even try to maneuver their way through. These fast moving waters have their own plan for its path. It’s driven goal: Get as many people wet as possible. It’ll push you up against a rock hoping the wave will overcome the side of the raft. It will send you through rapids, making the raft bob and weave. It will slide you under waterfalls, drenching the lucky ones who find themselves under its never-ending flow. Every turn made will create splashes and waves meant to drench you and everyone on the raft with you. This isn’t like any river you’ll find feeding Lake Erie. This is a river for those willing to take a splash. There’s no avoiding getting drenched!
Height Requirement: 46” minimum
Ride Safety Information
- A water ride where riders travel in rafts along a man-made river full of rapids, geysers, canyons, and waterfalls. Rafts float and bounce down high‑speed rapids, often rotating rapidly after impacting with the bank of the river.
- A shared seatbelt secures all riders in the row across the thighs and pelvis.
- Guests must have a minimum of three functioning extremities.
- Guests with a cervical collar, neck brace, broken collar bone, full arm cast, or braced arm cast are not permitted to ride.
- Alternate access is available to the right of the ride's exit. Riders will have to take several steps, on their own or with the assistance of a companion, and be capable of stepping down into the ride unit.
- Please use caution, as the ride unit may shift when entering and exiting.
- Watch your step, as the ride unit may be slippery and wet.
- NOTE: Loose articles, including footwear, may not be left on the platform. All loose articles must be brought onboard the raft with riders. These items will get wet. Please consider leaving loose articles with a non-rider.
- Boats may bump into the side of channel and other boats.
- WARNING: You will get wet on this ride.
- Visit our Guest Assistance page for additional Accessibility information.