An Access Pass is required to experience this attraction. Access Passes are distributed at 12:00 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. near the ride's entrance. A limited number of Access Passes are available.
Maverick acts more like a bucking bronco than a coaster. It’s a ride for the daring who want one of a kind thrills beyond the big hills. This terra coaster is packed with twists, corkscrews, launches, tunnels, and plenty of airtime, so saddle up for a ride wilder than the rodeo. The first launch of two gets you to the top of the first hill, which travels down and under at the steepest angle at Cedar Point 95 degrees. Only one airtime hill comes before the first ever Twisted Horseshoe Roll, two 360-degree corkscrew rolls of opposite direction separated by only a 180-degree banked curve. Next thing you know riders are in a pitch black tunnel getting launched 400 feet at 70 m.p.h. in 3 seconds. It still manages to catch riders by surprise at every bank and turn, even after being awarded the Golden Ticket Award for “Best New Ride in 2007”. There’s nothing wilder in the West than Maverick.
Height Requirement: Between 52" and 78"
- 105 Feet
- 70 MPH
- 2 Min, 30 Sec
Rider Safety Information
Rider Safety Information
- A launch full circuit roller coaster featuring weightlessness, high speed banked turns, and rapid directional changes.
- A shoulder harness with a between-the-legs safety belt secures each rider over the head and across the chest.
- Due to the nature of the restraint, this ride may not accommodate guests of a larger size. A test seat is located at the ride entrance which can be used to evaluate proper fit and comfort prior to waiting in line.
- Guests must have a minimum of three functioning extremities; guests may ride with one leg amputation; amputation must be below the knee.
- Guests with a cervical collar, neck brace, broken collar bone, full arm cast, braced arm cast, or full leg cast are not permitted to ride.
- Earrings must be removed prior to riding.
- Guests with any prosthesis must consult with Guest Services or Town Hall prior to waiting in line or riding.
- Alternate access is via a gate at the ride entrance. Riders will have to transfer into the seat, on their own or with the assistance of a companion.
- Please do not use the ride restraints for support while entering and exiting, as they will shift.
- An elevator is available to transport guests to the ride platform.
- NOTE: Glasses may only be worn on this attraction if they are secured with an athletic strap. Glasses may not be held in the hands of riders while riding.
- WARNING: This ride contains strobe lighting.
- WARNING: This ride utilizes magnetic systems during the ride.
- Visit our Guest Assistance page for additional Accessibility information.