It’s a rare skill to be able to command a wild bird such as the eagle. But now, anyone is capable of taming the ruler of the sky when they fly on Lake Erie Eagles. Riders take fight in one of the unique carriages that spin outward like a swing and then rise above the ground. Once in the air, riders can take matters into their own hands by operating the carriage’s paddle in order to control the eagle’s flight. Swing the way your heart desires, as all eight eagles have a unique route that only the rider can determine. Go for a wild ride at 28 feet in the air, weaving in and out of the clouds, maneuvering your way through the Gemini Midway. Whether you explore the high altitudes, as if soaring through a mountain range, or cruise at a lower elevation, as if chasing down prey, the choice is up to you.
Height Requirement: 44" tall to ride alone OR 36" tall and accompanied by a supervising companion.
Ride Safety Information
- Riders ride in suspended cars that rotate in a circle. Once the ride’s speed increases, riders use a fin on the front of the car to steer the car higher or lower.
- Maximum Weight – 340 lb. per car.
- A shared seatbelt secures all riders in the row across the thighs and pelvis.
- The smaller rider must sit on the inside seat.
- Guests must have a minimum of two functioning extremities; one functioning arm and one functioning leg.
- Guests must have a minimum of one full functioning leg (including prosthesis) and one leg amputated below the knee.
- Guests with a cervical collar or neck brace are not permitted to ride.
- Guests who do not demonstrate appropriate observed behavior must be accompanied by a supervising companion.
- Alternate access is available at the ride exit. Riders will have to take several steps, on their own or with the assistance of a companion, and be capable of elevating themselves up into the seat.
- Please use caution, as the ride unit may shift when entering and exiting.
- Visit our Guest Assistance page for additional Accessibility information.