Talk about first impressions. That’s why we put a coaster that breaks seven world records at the very front of the park, giving a taste of what’s to be conquered. Riders will take flight on the wings of a powerful golden griffon, as it guards the entrance dive-bombing and threading its way through impossibly narrow obstacles. Feel the sensation of soaring through air as the winged coaster dives first into a wing-over drop maneuver at 67 m.p.h. This 180-degree rotation into a half loop starts at 170 feet in the air, giving it the record for the highest inversion of all roller coasters. Opened in 2013, the remodeled entrance plaza includes two 100-foot key holes on top of the gates that riders weave through while gliding in the air before they turn around in a true majestic fashion. It won’t take long to figure out why GateKeeper is inspired by the power of flight.
Height Requirement: Between 52" and 78"
- 170 Feet
- 67 MPH
- 2 Minutes
Rider Safety Information
Rider Safety Information
- A high-speed, wing looping roller coaster which turns riders upside down six times. Riders will experience weightlessness and rapid movements from side to side.
- A shoulder harness with a between-the-legs safety belt secures each rider over the head and across the chest.
- Due to the nature of the restraint, this ride may not accommodate guests of a larger size. A test seat is located at the ride entrance which can be used to evaluate proper fit and comfort prior to waiting in line.
- Guests must have a minimum of three functioning extremities. One functioning arm that includes a hand is required to ride.
- Two functioning arms are sufficient instead of three functioning extremities if the guest has a normal center of gravity and lower extremities are sufficiently strong to maintain proper riding posture under the dynamic conditions of the ride. Amputations must be below the knee.
- Guests with a cervical collar, neck brace, or broken collar bone not permitted to ride. Casts are not permitted on this ride.
Guests with any prosthesis must consult with Guest Services or Town Hall prior to waiting in line or riding. Leg prosthetics are not permitted on this ride. Guests should check with Guest Services or Town Hall to determine if they are eligible to ride without the prosthetic. Guests with any upper extremity prosthesis must ensure the device is properly secured or removed prior to riding.
Alternatively, guests with certain amputations may be able to ride with the use of a separate full body harness provided the guest has remaining leg and arm remnants to be secured by the harness. Leg prosthetics are not permitted on this ride. Guests should check with Guest Services to determine if they are eligible to ride using the full body harness.
- Alternate access is available at the ride exit. Riders will have to take several steps, on their own or with the assistance of a companion, and be capable of elevating themselves up into the seat.
- Please do not use the ride restraints for support while entering and exiting, as they will shift.
- A wheelchair lift is available to transport guests from the exit area to the ride platform. Please use the phone at the base of the lift to request assistance. Limit one rider in wheelchair and one companion in lift at a time.
- NOTE: Glasses may only be worn on this attraction if they are secured with an athletic strap. Glasses may not be held in the hands of riders while riding.
- NOTE: Loose articles may not be left on the platform. They may either be left with a non-rider or be placed in lockers for storage.
- WARNING: This ride utilizes magnetic systems during the ride.
- WARNING: This ride contains strobe lighting.
- Visit our Guest Assistance page for additional Accessibility information.