Cedar Creek Mine Ride doesn’t just send riders soaring up hills, through tunnels and over water. No sir. It transports people back in time, all the way to the Wild West. Strap into this runaway mining cart straight out of the boomtowns of the 1800’s and make sure to hold onto your hat as we give new meaning to the term Gold Rush. When it opened in 1969, it was the centerpiece of FrontierTown. Riders start by going through the mine building before climbing up one of two hills that then sends the cart through turns and down the first drop over the lagoon. Before coming to an end the runaway cart goes through a double helix to bring the cart back to its humble home. Although it’s been recently joined by another hybrid coaster in FrontierTown, it remains a staple for families. You may not find the riches you seek here, but you just might find your new favorite coaster.
NOTE: this ride will close at 10 p.m.
Height Requirement: 48” minimum
- 48 Feet
- 40 MPH
- 2 Min, 50 Sec
Ride Safety Information
- A wood and steel roller coaster. Riders will experience rapid changes in direction.
- A shared lap bar is positioned above the laps of all riders in the row. An individual seatbelt secures each rider across the thighs and pelvis.
- Due to the nature of the restraint, this ride may not accommodate guests of a larger size.
- Guests must have a minimum of two functioning extremities; one functioning arm and one functioning leg.
- Two functioning arms are sufficient instead of one functioning arm and one functioning leg if the guest has a normal center of gravity and lower extremities are sufficiently strong to support weight against the restraint under the dynamic conditions of the ride. Amputations must be at the knee or below.
- Guests with a cervical collar, neck brace, broken collar bone, braced arm cast, or full leg cast are not permitted to ride.
- Alternate access is available at the ride exit. Riders will have to take several steps, on their own and be capable of stepping up and over the side of the ride unit.
- A wheelchair lift is available to transport guests from the exit to the ride platform. Please use the phone at the base of the lift to request assistance. Limit one rider in wheelchair and one companion in lift at a time.
- Visit our Guest Assistance page for additional Accessibility information.