RIDE MORE. WAIT LESS. SPEED PAST THE LINES WITH FAST LANE!
Don’t call it a throwback. Blue Streak may be Cedar Point’s oldest and most classic coaster, but it still competes with some of the park’s heavy hitters. It’s one for the ages and has been a family favorite since it opened in 1964, when it reversed a decade long drought of coasters in the park. A gentle wooden coaster that is nestled between two steel powerhouses offers a 1 minute and 30 second ride most recognizable for its classic out and back layout. The 78-foot climb up the first hill takes riders on a thrill packed ride of hills to the front of the park at speeds up to 40 m.p.h. It then takes a 180-degree turnaround before heading back to the station, but not before going over some more hills before coming to a stop. Some roller coaster aficionados may even call it a bucket list coaster. So don’t count this one out, Blue Streak is packed with hills, thrills and history.
Height Requirement: 48” minimum
- 40 MPH
- 2 Minutes
Ride Safety Information
- A high speed wooden roller coaster with a combination of banked turns and airtime humps.
- An individual lap bar and seatbelt secures each rider across the thighs and pelvis.
- Due to the nature of the restraint, this ride may not accommodate guests of a larger size.
- Guests must have a minimum of three functioning extremities.
- Guests with a cervical collar, neck brace, broken collar bone, full arm cast, braced arm cast, or full leg cast are not permitted to ride.
- Alternate access is available at the ride exit. Riders will have to transfer into the seat, on their own or with the assistance of a companion. A transfer device is available upon request which may assist a rider out of a wheelchair and into the ride unit.
- Please do not use the ride restraints for support while entering and exiting, as they will shift.
- Visit our Guest Assistance page for additional Accessibility information.