• 2016 will be Cedar Point’s 147th season of operation, making it the second oldest continually-operated amusement park in North America
• Cedar Point was voted the “Best Amusement Park in the World” for 16 consecutive years by the readers of Amusement Today
• Cedar Point features more than 150 rides, shows and attractions
• The Cedar Point Peninsula is 364 acres
• Cedar Point hires more than 5,000 seasonal employees each summer
• Cedar Point has more than 1,420,000 Facebook fans
• More than 1.6 million LED lights illuminate the Cedar Point Midway
• There are more than three miles of midway in the park
• Cedar Point has three unique carousels, with 164 animals to ride, including one of only three operating D.C. Muller carousels in the world
• Each year, Cedar Point uses more than 1,800 gallons of paint in 872 different colors
Roller coaster facts!
• More than 12 million pounds of concrete were used in the construction of GateKeeper
• Each piece of GateKeeper track weighs approximately 7,500 pounds.
• Each of the four pieces that make up GateKeeper’s keyhole towers weighs about 65,000 pounds
• Cedar Point now has 50,727 feet of roller coaster track… that’s more than 10 miles
• Riders travel at 176 feet per second (120 mph) on the Top Thrill Dragster—the fastest coaster in the park
• The Mean Streak is made of 1.7 million board feet of treated southern yellow pine
• More than 100 tons of nuts and 568 tons of steel were used to build Magnum XL-200
• Cedar Point boasts 72 rides, including 17 roller coasters making it the "Roller Coaster Capital of the World"
• Guests drink 802,000 gallons of soft drinks each year
• Guests eat on average 91 miles of hot dogs per year
• Guests eat on average 190,000 pounds of hamburger patties per year
• Guests eat on average 595 tons of French fries per year
• Guests eat on average 29,000 gallons of ice cream per year
DARE2DIVE ON VALRAVN, THE KING OF ALL DIVE COASTERS – MAY 7 & 8
Join us as we debut our record-breaking dive coaster during Valravn World Premiere Weekend Saturday, May 7 and Sunday, May 8! The entire park will be open, plus be prepared to EAT like a KING, RIDE like a KING and GAME like a KING with surprise VIP upgrades and giveaways throughout the weekend!
» Buy Now