Ever wonder what goes on at Cedar Point during the winter when the gates are closed? Get a behind the scenes look at the park at Winter Chill Out. This special Cedar Point tour includes lunch, special Q&A presentation with park officials, and a look at various maintenance and construction projects for the 2021 Season. Plus, 100% of the proceeds from this event will benefit A Kid Again, helping thousands of kids living with life-threatening illnesses.
Winter Chill Out Hotel Stay
Available Friday, February 19 only at Express Hotel.
Space is limited. Book your Winter Chill Out stay now!
GROUP CODE: WCO
Tickets are limited and required to participate in this event. Tickets must be presented at check-in. The parking/toll fee will not be charged. Additional information on parking and entry will be displayed on your ticket. This will be a self-guided tour. There are four available start timeslot: 8:00 a.m., 9:30 a.m., 11:00 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. You will choose your start time at ticket purchase. Please arrive AT your check-in time.
Winter attire is strongly suggested, as conditions at the park may change. This includes warm hats, gloves, coats, boots (snow and mud are possible). This is a self-guided walking tour, and tours may last up to six hours.
Restrooms will be available at the start of the tour and at lunch. No other restrooms in the park will be available. Please plan accordingly.
Photography (video or still) and social media posting is allowed on the tour, unless otherwise noted. There will be areas where photography will not be permitted.
We want you to have a great day at Cedar Point and feel safe when visiting, so we’ve developed new processes and enhanced procedures throughout the park to help reduce the spread of germs. While the park is not open to the public during Winter Chill Out, we will continue to follow these new processes and procedures. We are all in this together and by working together you can safely and confidently enjoy the park during this special event.
Below provides you with essential information for what to do before you arrive at Cedar Point, what you’ll see and experience when you arrive, and how to make the most of your visit – safely – while you’re here.
We look forward to welcoming you to Winter Chill Out!
- Face coverings will be required. All guests and associates will be required to wear face coverings while in the park.
- Social Distancing. Be mindful and maintain social distancing of 6 feet/2m while in the park.
- Mobile App Required. At least one member of your group must have the park mobile app on their phone.
- Health Screenings. Health screenings and temperature checks will be required for all guests and associates.
- Hand Sanitization. Hand sanitizing stations have been added throughout the park.
- Use of Location Services. Enabling the Location Services feature in the park app allows us to send you real-time updates.
Complete the pre-entry health assessment.
- On the day of Winter Chill Out, open the mobile app and complete the Health Assessment Questionnaire before you make the trip. Only one questionnaire is required per group. This must be completed each time you visit the park.
- If your group does not pass the health assessment, we will ask you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional instructions.
What to pack before you arrive.
- You event ticket (physical voucher or digital version in the Cedar Point mobile app) for each guest.
- A face covering for each guest. Face coverings should completely cover the nose and mouth, and not have exhalation valves or vents, which allows virus particles to escape.
- A mobile phone with the Cedar Point app downloaded and "Location Services" enabled. At least one person in your group must have this, but we recommend as many guests as possible have the app downloaded to their mobile device.
- Parking is included with your special event ticket. At the Cedar Point parking tollbooth, we will ask to see your event ticket and will direct you to the main parking lot.
- As soon as you exit your vehicle, go ahead and put on your face covering and keep it on while at the park. Stay safe.
- Next, you’ll proceed to the Season Pass Center next to the Main Gate where you will check in, go through a health screening and receive your event packet. If anyone in your party has a temperature of 100.4°F / 38°C or higher, you will be directed to return home.
For everyone’s safety, all associates working in the park must complete a health assessment and temperature check each day before reporting to work as well. We’re all in this together!
Our Safety Measures
- The safety of our guests and associates has always been, and will always be, our top priority. We want to assure you that our team is 100% committed to ensuring a safe and fun visit as we work alongside industry experts and government officials toward this shared goal.
- By visiting the property, you voluntarily assume all risk related to exposure to COVID-19.
- We have taken enhanced health and safety measures – for you, our other guests and our associates. You must follow all posted instructions while visiting the property. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the CDC, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.
- If you are exhibiting any COVID-19 related symptoms, you should not enter or remain in the property. Help keep each other healthy.
Guidelines for a Safe Visit
- Avoid close contact and put distance between yourself and those outside your immediate household.
- Stay at least 6 feet/ 2 meters from other people and do not gather in groups. This includes both indoor areas of the hotel and outside areas such as pools and the beach.
- Gatherings of more than 10 people are not permitted at any time anywhere on the property. We will be unable to seat parties of more than 10 at any of our food & beverage locations.
- Wash your hands frequently; avoid touching your face.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face cover when around others. Face coverings should completely cover the nose and mouth, and not have exhalation valves or vents, which allows virus particles to escape.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or use the inside of your elbow.
- Monitor your health and be alert for symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath or other symptoms of COVID-19. Report these symptoms to a member of our safety team immediately.
- Be alert, read and understand of all informational and directional signage throughout the property.
- Stay up to date on guidance from the CDC at cdc.gov/coronavirus.
Keeping You Safe
- Our associates have completed comprehensive training regarding COVID-19 and are subject to daily temperature and health screenings.
- A temperature check and health declaration will be required at check-in.
- Face coverings are required at all times while inside the park and in public areas of the resort property. Remove face coverings while eating or drinking, when practicing social distancing on the beach or while in the pool.
- We have added hand sanitation stations throughout the property. Please use them frequently.
- Our already extensive cleaning processes have been enhanced in both rigor and frequency. We use hospital grade disinfectants throughout the property.
- We have designated a sanitization specialist that is focused on procedures, cleaning and inspections.
- Additional staff has been added to ensure high-touch surfaces are being sanitized with increased frequency.
- Housekeepers have been allotted additional time per room to ensure proper sanitation after guests depart.
- Food & beverage outlet capacity has been reduced to ensure social distancing.
Temperature Screening Notice
Upon arrival, your temperature will be taken. Anyone with a temperature higher than 100.4 degrees will not be permitted into the property. Temperature screening does not prevent the spread of COVID-19. Current medical information suggestions that individuals without any symptoms (i.e., asymptomatic) may nevertheless be infected with COVID-19 and still transmit the virus to others. For this reason, taking temperatures does not eliminate the need to practice other steps to avoid the spread of the virus such as maintaining social distancing best practices, wearing a mask, frequent hand washing and disinfecting, following all posted instructions while visiting the park and performing a self-assessment for the presence of COVID-19 related symptoms.
If you are exhibiting any COVID-19 related symptoms, you shouldn't enter or remain in the property.
Health Screening Questionnaire
- In the past 14 days, have you…
- Experienced any of the following symptoms that are not caused by a known chronic health condition?
- Fever (100.4°F / 38°C or higher)
- Difficulty breathing
- Muscle pain
- Unusual fatigue
- Cold or flu-like symptoms
- Sore throat
- Repeated shaking / chills
- New loss of taste or smell
- Been in direct contact with a close relative, roommate or neighbor who has been diagnosed with COVID-19?
- Been told by a health care professional you may have been exposed to COVID-19?
- If you answered yes to any of the questions above, we invite you visit the property on a future date.
- If you answered no to all of the questions above, please proceed to our health screening location.
Changes in Services
- When possible, please contact the front desk by telephone instead of in person if you should require anything during your stay.
- Utilize credit cards instead of cash whenever possible for transactions throughout the property.
- If you are staying multiple nights, we will only provide housekeeping service prior to your arrival and upon departure. Stayover housekeeping service will not be available.
- Elevators should only be shared with others from the same household.
- In the pool area, food & beverage is not permitted. Do not move or rearrange the pool furniture. (we should probably change this to something like, “The pool area is closed for the season and access is not permitted.”
- It is not necessary to visit the front desk to check out. Guests can follow direction in their email to confirm their departure.