Last week, we showed you how to make the CF Texan sandwich and MY favorite recipe, the Chicken IN Waffles. Today, we’re introducing two new items from our culinary brain trust, “The Four Porksman” and scrumptious “Caramel Apple Fritters.”
We’re going to start with “The Four Porksman.”
Ingredients (per skewer):
- quartered yellow onions 3 slices
- sliced fresh mozzarella 3 slices
- cooked meatballs 2 meatballs
- sliced pepperoni 4 slices
- sliced ham 2 slices
- cooked/sliced kielbasa sausage 2 slices
- funnel cake batter As directed per box/as needed to coat skewer
- marinara sauce 4 oz.
- grated parmesan cheese 2 Tbsp.
- large bamboo skewer
- Make funnel cake batter as directed on box. Set aside.
- Assemble ingredients in this order on bamboo skewer: onion, mozzarella, meatball, two pepperoni, ham, kielbasa, onion, mozzarella, meatball, two pepperoni, ham, kielbasa, mozzarella, onion.
- Dip assembled skewer into funnel cake batter, coating completely.
- Lift out of batter and allow excess to drip off.
- Submerge into 350 fryer oil for approx. four minutes or until golden brown.
- Pull out of oil and let excess oil drip off for ten seconds.
- Place on plate and ladle marinara sauce over the top.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese.
Chef RJ is putting together everything here.
He's frying it all up,
Look at the end result. It’s SO good.
For dessert, we have our new “Caramel Apple Fritters.”
- peeled/chopped apple pieces 2 ½ cups
- funnel cake batter 1 lb. dry
- water 11 oz.
- caramel sauce as desired
- powdered sugar as desired
- crushed peanuts as desired
- In mixing bowl, combine the funnel cake mix and water. Whisk.
- Mix apples in funnel cake batter (if batter gets too runny with apple juice, add more mix)
- Using a small ice cream scoop (or similar utensil), scoop the mixture and drop in 350-degree oil.
- Using tongs, rotate the fritters so they cook evenly on all sides for approx. 2-3 minutes or golden brown and cooked through.
- Pull fritters from oil and let drain for 20 seconds.
- Place fritters on a plate and cover with a healthy amount of powdered sugar.
- Drizzle caramel sauce over the top.
- Garnish with crushed peanuts, if desired.
This was a fun one to watch. We used a mixture of red delicious and green apples for this mixture, but you can use whichever kind you like.
You literally just scoop the mixture and place it in the oil. They should come out after frying in a ball-like formation. If you’re getting a lot of excess batter pieces or if your ball is breaking apart, add more batter mix to your bowl.
This is the final result:
The apples are cooked nicely, kind of like apple pie. It’s like having a bite-sized apple funnel cake… almost. This recipe is quick and pretty easy to make at home – highly recommended.
Thanks for tuning into our recipe blogs. We can’t wait to show you more in 2021.
Post a Comment
Our Latest Award
Ride Steel Vengeance First
Coming to Lighthouse Point
February Steel Vengeance Update
2018 Early Entry Rides
Fun Ride Information
Happy New Year
A Few Changes To Discuss