Spending more time at home with the kids and scrambling for things to do? We thought we’d help out and offer some amusement park FUN to help keep your family entertained at home. Here’s a list of Cedar Point-inspired things to do with kids. If you try any, be sure to share on social media and tag us @cedarpoint so we can see how it turned out!
Dream Up Your Very Own Amusement Park
Bust out the LEGO, K'Nex, building block, Magna-tiles or whatever materials you have on hand to construct your kid’s dream amusement park! Flatten some large cardboard and draw pathways for guests in between their imaginative rides.
Need some inspiration for rides and water park slides? Here's the list of all our attractions to get the juices flowing.
Draw Your Own Amusement Park Map
If you don’t want to take up your entire living room space with an entire amusement park, have your kids draw or paint their dream park on paper. Maps are like mazes and give a promise of adventure. Probing questions can help children plan their park:
- What kind of rides are there?
- Does it have a water park?
- What kind of food would people eat? Are there restaurants? If so, are they indoor or outdoor?
- What’s the setting for the park? In the mountains, on the ocean, in a forest, etc?
- Who would go? Is this for grown-ups or just for kids?
- Are there fun characters to meet in this park?
- How do people get there? By car, train, boat or airplane? Maybe they need a place to park these modes of transportation.
- Is it a park that’s open in all seasons? Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter?
For reference, here is the new 2020 Cedar Point park map:
Challenge Yourself to Word Searches
These custom-made word searches can't be found anywhere else. Get your mind working to complete these fun puzzles.
Do Some Coloring!
Here are some free coloring pages of the park’s iconic places, plus some of the PEANUTS Gang. Click on the images below to download printable coloring sheets:
Take a Virtual Ride on a Roller Coaster
You may not be able to ride any coasters at Cedar Point right now, but why let that stop you from getting the butterflies in your stomach and enjoying thrill right from the comfort of your own home?
Enjoy a ride on Maverick or any of our other offical POV videos on YouTube.
If you try any of these fun activities, don’t forget to share your masterpieces on social and tag us @cedarpoint! We want to see ‘em! We’ll share some of the wonderful creations we see out there.
Stay safe, keep healthy and have fun!
Post a Comment
A Visit By A Centenarian
A Photo Worth A Thousand Thrills
Tie the Knot and Take the Plunge
We Need Extras
When Intamin Visits
Iron Dragon - Virtual Reality Roller Coasters