You may or may not be aware of this, but we take our numbers very seriously, especially the ridership numbers.
It's important to our team that we give our guests the most riding time possible while they're here. Some are coming for just one day; some come for a few days. But regardless of the time spent here, we're pretty proud that we have pretty spectacular capacity to make sure guests can get the most out of their visit.
So let's look at how we did.
Earlier today, I tweeted a poll so you could take your best guess at our top performer. How did you do?
Here's the top 5:
5. Raptor with 1,494,938 guests experiencing this green beauty.
4. Magnum XL-200 with 1,518,735 guests enjoying the ride that's still standing, even though it's sinking (this is a joke).
3. Valravn with 1,599,105 taking the dive on the world's tallest, fastest and longest dive coaster - not a bad debut!
2. Millennium Force, of course, of course, with 1,726,772 rides given.
...and in at #1
.......drum roll please......
.............(are you drumming?)..........
.....................your drums aren't loud enough............
.............................ahhh there we go!
1. GateKeeper with 1,923,420 riders flying high above the front gate on the world's tallest, fastest and longest wing coaster!
Can you believe the crew had a throughput of almost 2 MILLION riders on ONE RIDE??
By comparison, GateKeeper had 1,771,112 riders in 2015. That's quite the increase.
If you guessed the Cedar Point & Lake Erie Railroad, you weren't that far off. It came in at #7.
We continue to do our best to ensure you're riding the most rides during your visit (unless Mother Nature makes things difficult, which happens a lot).
So to the potential 2017 GateKeeper crew - hit 2 million, and dinner is on me!
Post a Comment
A New Memory Spot
Even When You're Far Away
A Look Inside Cedar Point's Express Hotel
Amusement Park Jobs
See Bon Jovi in Cleveland!
Welcome to the New Site
By the Numbers
The Closing of the Season