Cedar Point Reopening Protocols
When Cedar Point reopens, we want you to have an awesome day and feel safe when visiting. Right now, it is our plan to continue to implement the COVID-19 safety protocols and processes that were in place during our limited park operation in 2020 until further guidance or changes are identified. We’re all in this together and by working together we know you can safely and confidently enjoy the thrills and fun that only Cedar Point can deliver this season.
This page provides you with essential information that was in place for our 2020 park operation and provides guidelines for what to expect and what to do before you arrive, what you’ll see and experience when you arrive, and how to make the most of your visit—safely—while you’re here.
Mobile App Required
Face Coverings Required
Use of Location Services
Before You Leave Home
Cedar Point will open with limited capacity in the park so you can maintain proper social distancing from other guests. To ensure that happens, you will need to plan for your visit in advance. You will also need to provide information about the current health of family and friends coming with you to the park.
You should be prepared to bring the following items with you to the park when we reopen:
- A valid Season Pass (physical card or digital version in the Cedar Point mobile app) or pre-paid ticket for each guest.
- A face covering for each guest. Face coverings should completely cover the nose and mouth, and not have exhalation valves or vents, which allows virus particles to escape.
- Contactless payment method (other than cash) such as credit card, Apple Pay, and Android Pay.
- A mobile phone with the Cedar Point app downloaded and "Location Services" enabled. At least one person in your group must have this, but we recommend as many guests as possible have the app downloaded to their mobile device.
When You Arrive
Our opening plan calls for arrival processes to prepare everyone for a safe and successful day at the park. Here’s what you’ll see and experience when you arrive at Cedar Point:
- At the Cedar Point parking tollbooth, we will ask you for proof of parking payment. If you do not have a parking voucher, you may pay with a cashless payment method such as a credit card, Apple Pay or Android Pay.
- As soon as you exit your vehicle, go ahead and put on your face covering and keep it on while at the park. Stay safe.
- Next, you’ll pass through a thermal screening tent where your temperature will be read. If anyone in your party has a temperature of 100.4°F / 38°C or higher, you will be directed to return home and reschedule your visit.
- At the gate, our Cedar Point bag and security policies remain in place.
- At our touchless turnstiles, scan your Season Pass or daily ticket inside the mobile app and let the fun begin!
For everyone’s safety, all associates working in the park must complete a health assessment and temperature check each day before reporting to work as well. We’re all in this together!
When You're In the Park
Reminders and Protocols
The coronavirus has created a new way of life for everyone, so you’ll see lots of reminders throughout the park to:
- Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds. We have many hand sanitizer stations all through the park.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Wear your face covering at all times. Face coverings should completely cover the nose and mouth, and not have exhalation valves or vents, which allows virus particles to escape.
- Face coverings may only be removed when experiencing water rides, while dining or when inside the RelaxZones, located throughout the park. In the RelaxZone, you may remove your face covering, provided social distancing of 6ft/2m is maintained between your party and other guests.
- Maintain 6’ social distance from other park guests and associates.
- Be in the know about all things Cedar Point with our mobile app. You can find nearby hand sanitizer stations, restrooms, open dining locations and available attractions and rides.
- Use contactless forms of payment, including credit cards, Apple Pay and Android Pay.
- For the comfort of all guests, smoking is only permitted in the designated smoking area, which is located just outside the Main Gate.
Everyone knows restrooms can be a source of germs, so we want you to know we are following strict guidelines to help you have a safe experience. We are:
- Sanitizing restrooms frequently throughout the day.
- Deep cleaning restrooms at the end of each day.
- Monitoring traffic within restrooms to allow for social distancing.
Because we’re all in this together, please make sure to wash your hands after using the restroom.
Rides and Attractions
To maintain social distancing and avoid the spread of germs, here’s what you’ll see and experience at our rides and attractions:
- Some areas, rides and attractions that are not conducive for social distancing may not be open. See the mobile app for Cedar Point’s open attractions.
- Wait lines for open rides and attractions will be marked for social distancing.
- Seats, restraints, headrests and armrests will be sanitized in accordance with safety guidelines.
We know delicious, fun food is a special part of the Cedar Point experience and we’ve got you covered. Here’s what you’ll see and experience when enjoying our scrumptious food and beverages:
- Some tables have been removed for social distancing.
- Distancing is marked on the floor for wait lines.
- All disposable products, including pre-wrapped utensils.
- Plastic barriers between guests and associates.
- Contactless payments, including credit card, Apple Pay and Android Pay are encouraged.
- Check out Mobile Food Ordering on our mobile app. Order from select locations at the park, check in at the restaurant and pick up. It’s fast, easy and touchless!
Shops, Merchandise and Games
- Social distancing must be maintained at all of our retail and game locations.
- It’s very important to continue wearing your face covering in these locations.
- Contactless payment is encouraged where possible.
- We will maintain social distance protocols and safety guidelines in any indoor entertainment venues that are being used.