Chris Smith Memorial 5K Challenge« Go Back
Click each category to see results. Opens in a PDF document.
- Men's 5K (by age group)
- Men's 5K (overall results)
- Women's 5K (by age group)
- Women's 5K (overall results)
Sunday, June 16, 2013
Events: Men’s race starts at 7 a.m. Women’s race starts at 7:30 a.m. in the Cedar Point parking lot, One Cedar Point Drive, in Sandusky.
Registration: $35 early bird registration now through June 1; $40 registration after June 1.
Your entry fee includes:
• Free parking at Cedar Point the day of the race
• Discounted admission and early entry to the park, starting at 9 a.m.
• A Tech performance T-shirt (guaranteed to all who register by June 1)
• NEW THIS YEAR: A collectible race medal for ALL participants!
• A souvenir photo with Snoopy and his pals
• Race packet and refreshments
• Disposable chip timing system
Awards: The overall male and female finishers will receive plaques featuring the race logo, a pair of Cedar Point tickets and a pair of Fast Lane tickets allowing them to skip ahead to the front of the line all day long! The first three male and female finishers in each age group will receive a medal and a pair of Fast Lane tickets.
Type "CP5K" into the promo code box on Cedar Point's homepage to proceed with registration.
Age groups: 13 and younger, 14-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59 and 60 and older.
Lodging: Cedar Point has lodging available for runners, including the historic Hotel Breakers on the beach, the luxurious Sandcastle Suites, Breakers Express and Castaway Bay indoor waterpark resort. Cabins and campgrounds are also available. Please contact Cedar Point Resorts at 419-627-2106 or visit cedarpoint.com/places-to-stay.
Frequently asked questions
• Where can spectators watch the race? The best places to cheer for race participants will be at the start and finish. Check back soon for a course map.
• Can I walk the race? Walkers are welcome as long as they are able to complete the course within the required time limit of one hour. There is no competitive category for walkers.
•Can I bring a stroller? We're sorry, strollers are not permitted in this race.
• Where do I pick up my race packet? Packet pickup will be from 4-9 p.m. Friday, June 14 and 1-6 p.m. Saturday, June 15 at Castaway Bay indoor waterpark and resort.