Help Cedar Point kick off the 3rd Annual Brew and BBQ Festival by putting your BBQ sauce making skills to the test! We’re looking for 5 contestants to compete LIVE at Cedar Point to see who can make the best BBQ sauce. PLUS, special guest, Chef Damaris Phillips will be on hand! As seen on Food Network, this southern spitfire will be whipping up some of her favorite BBQ-themed recipes and be one of the judges to determine who has the best sauce. If you are crowned the winner, you get to take home the Ultimate Thrills prize of a 4-pack of 2017 Cedar Point Platinum Passes!
How to Enter
Please carefully read the Official Rules and Regulations and submit your recipe to firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, May 14. Recipes can be sent as attachments, but please note that Cedar Point is not responsible if the email is not received due to technical difficulties. The following must be included in the body of the email to be eligible:
Address, State, Zip Code
- BBQ Sauce Contest is open to anyone 18 years of age or older.
- BBQ Sauce Recipe must be original and have been created by the submitter
- 5 contestants will be chosen on Monday, May 15, to make their recipe at Cedar Point on Saturday, May 20. Must be present and create the sauce on site.
- Potential contestants must submit their recipe via email at email@example.com by May 14, 2017 in order to be considered. Any submissions sent after 11:59pm May 14, 2017 will not be considered. Recipes can be sent as attachments. Email submissions must include the following in the body of the email:
- Full Name
- Phone Number
- Address (Street, City, Zip Code)
- Contestants must submit an ingredients list, measurements and list preparation instructions with their recipe entries in order to be eligible. Recipes may include no more than 10 ingredients and commercial barbecue sauce may not be used as part of the recipe. Ingredients for the contest will be supplied by Cedar Point based on the finalists submissions.
- Cedar Point will provide four (4) Brew and BBQ event admissions that include park admission. Contestants are responsible for transportation to and from the park and for any overnight accommodation that may be needed.
- Cedar Point and Cedar Fair employees and their family members are not eligible to compete.
- Judging will be completed by Chef Damaris Phillips and two Cedar Point representatives. BBQ Sauce will be judged on taste, texture and appearance. In the event of a tie the taste score will determine the winner. Sauce will be tested on unseasoned pulled pork which will be provided to contestants.
- Amateurs only, no commercially sold sauces or commercial cooks eligible.
- Contestants must make the sauce by themselves, no assistants are allowed.
- BBQ Sauces only. No bastes, rubs, relishes, pastes, jellies, chutney or marinades.