For our full-time associates, the FUN doesn't end when summer does!
We're always looking for qualified candiates to fill year-round positions at the world's best amusement park destination. Available positions are listed below. We invite you to review our opportunities and apply!
You may also complete an application at the Human Resources office. Office hours are Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm.
Taking thrills to the next level is what we do. We're bold. We're daring. We provide the unexpected to every guest, every day, every time. From big thrills to little thrills, Cedar Point is home to activities for everyone in the family. Whether it's a relaxing getaway on the mile-long Cedar Point Beach, or racing 420 feet into the sky on Top Thrill Dragster, the fun comes in all shapes and sizes. Visiting Cedar Point is amazing; working here is an experience you'll never forget. Now, it’s your turn to join in on the FUN!
We're currently seeking an experienced leader to join our Accommodations Team as Reservations Manager. This position will report to Cedar Point's Director of Central Reservations.
Along with medical, dental and vision benefits, we offer a retirement savings plan with company match, life and accident insurance and a dynamic working environment. Other benefits include park admission, discounts at Cedar Point stores and restaurants, additional courtesy tickets and family passes for your immediate family, and significantly discounted extended family passes. Family passes are equivalent to a Platinum pass and can be also used at our sister Cedar Fair parks.
JOB FUNCTIONS SUMMARY
Manages all aspects of the Guest Contact Department & Center. Implements management's recommendations to improve overall standards and procedures in the department.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality, Business Administration or related degree work with 2-4 years of experience.
- Must possess the ability to assist multiple staff members with procedural questions or guest concerns simultaneously. Must be able to work and concentrate on task in a fast pace environment.
- Excellent time management, organizational, technical, and guest service skills.
- Possess superior judgment in recognizing and dealing with the needs and requests of the public.
- Possess ability to communicate and maintain composure under pressure.
- Must possess clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews content in Opera PMS configuration for all Cedar Point properties making change/update recommendations. Loads rates and packages in Opera and in on-line booking engine for Cedar Point Resort Properties. Reviews email confirmation letters through Opera and OWS making changes/improvements when necessary. Reviews information on Cedar Point Resorts online booking engine and submits update recommendations. Oversees processing of guests’ deposits, refunds and transfer of funds for Cedar Point/Cedar Fair properties. Maintains pricing and offers presented to guests through Nor1 Upgrade Software.
- Reviews daily, weekly, and monthly department paperwork and reports, and takes action to implement appropriate corrective actions to resolve operational concerns.
- Prepares and administers annual department operating budget; makes overall adjustments (labor, ODC, COG) throughout the year to meet division specific goals.
- Provides direction to staff to ensure adherence to all safety and housekeeping standards and policies established by the company and various regulatory agencies. Identifies safety concerns and sets the example in order to promote a safe and clean workplace.
- Develops and implements overall guest service standards for specific department/division of responsibility that are consistent with established Cedar Fair standards, promoting excellence in guest service at all times. Develops and approves appropriate actions to correct poor guest service or recognize superior guest service; responds to and resolves more complex or non-typical guest complaints involving areas of responsibility.
- Manages several departments with full time direct and 50+ indirect part time/seasonal reports. Manages associate performance utilizing all appropriate means including coaching, counseling and discipline. Sets priorities, expectations and monitors assignments. Evaluates staff and initiates actions to resolve performance problems and associate conflicts. Applies technical, professional or product expertise to development and implement practical work solutions to departments of responsibility.
- Communicates with associates at all levels of the Company and key external contacts including vendors, other business contacts, regulatory agencies and local, state or federal government offices. Utilizes various formats of communication including verbal, written and statistical data. Communications may be complex and cover a variety of business related topics.
- Adheres to and enforces all Cedar Fair and specific Park policies and procedures, including safety, attendance and EEO policies, and demonstrates commitment to customer service in all aspects of employment.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To be considered for this position, please email resume with salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org Attn: MR006. You may also fax a resume to (419) 627-2163 or mail resume to:
Cedar Point Human Resources
One Cedar Point Drive
Sandusky Ohio 44870
We support a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. An Equal Opportunity Employer.