Welcome to the day after Closing Day - the day all of us are in denial.
The 2016 season is done, so let's move on to 2017. Just 187 days until we open on Saturday, May 6, 2017!
I thought I'd cover a few topics in today's post, since really, there's a lot going on. But before I do, I want to reiterate a few simple housekeeping notes for the winter, and I'm asking you to help us by being aware of them.
The park is officially closed until May. We completely understand the general curiosity of how the park looks in the winter and how things are progressing on the property. But we ask that you do not attempt to visit the park to take photos or walk around. This is for your own safety - and we're closed.
Your first opportunity to visit us in the winter to see the park up close and to take photos will be the official Winter Chill Out event, happening in February. We'll have great things planned for that event, including great photo stops. Tickets for this event will go on sale in early January.
We're happy to show you what's happening all winter, so please follow us on our social channels for those updates.
On to additional park information.
1. Cedar Point Shores Water Park. Construction is in full swing as we prepare to introduce Cedar Point Shores to the world next season. In the coming weeks and months, we'll be showing you the progress with lots of photos and some new video we haven't shown yet. Stay tuned.
2. The 2017 operating calendar. You're probably anxious to begin your trip planning for next year. Our calendar is finalized, but it will be just a little bit before you see it on our website. I can tell you that it's extremely similar to the 2016 operating calendar. As always, schedules are subject to change, so do keep that in mind.
3. Ride Warriors Club Holiday Gathering. This date has been set for Sunday, December 4. More info to come soon, but plan on this being an event that runs in the 10a - 3p-ish range. Open to all Ride Warriors Club members - you'll have to register for this event.
4. Other winter happenings. As we put our rides to sleep, we'll be capturing how that process works. This year, we'll be featuring Valravn. Follow us to see the removal process, inspections, overhaul and re-assembly in the spring. It's pretty neat, and I think you'll enjoy it.
5. Cedar Point's Express Hotel. You've probably seen the progress of the exterior, but we'll also be showing you what's going on inside. All-new rooms are coming and the renovations are now full speed ahead.
6. Additional announcements. There are none. For now.
Thanks for reading. We're here to hep you make it through the winter months, since we're all in this together. So let's make it a great off-season as we build excitement for 2017!
Post a Comment
The Artistry of Signage
A Steel Vengeance Update
The First Steel Vengeance Ride
Ride Steel Vengeance First
Coming to Lighthouse Point